Letter from the President
Hello Sporting Goods Industry
For the past 77 years the Canadian Sporting Goods Association has been the community hub for the sporting goods industry. Over the last 10 months, it has been a privilege for me to be apart its continual improvement. Although the association and the industry has had its ups and downs over the past couple of years, I believe that we are in a good upswing now. We are seeing the industry rebound with the lifts of mandates to retail & sport and with supply chain issues still present, there will be light at the end of that tunnel as well.
This week the CSGA launched our new website to provide our membership with exciting new developments, while maintaining our DNA.
We continue to evolve the association with community being the focal point. This is the foundation of an association and member engagement is the key to building strength. With this in mind, we’ve added new features to our site and more to come:
- Member profile management: update your profile, add additional affiliates and reps to your membership, manage your renewals, view invoices
- Member directory: listing all organizations and members contact info
- Job Board: list and manage your own job postings and received application and resumes through the site
- Community: easy to use online community forum, with a personalized member experience and peer to peer connections, grow your network within the sporting goods industry.
- Committees: join or recommend a committee, connect with link minded individuals in your space (specialty running, independent agents, footwear forums as examples.
“A community voice advocating for the sustainability and development of business within the Canadian sporting goods industry. “
“To deliver beneficial member services, current industry information & actionable business resources based on the needs of the industry and our associated members for the betterment of the Canadian Sporting Goods Association. “
And we will use these and our community to continue the journey of the CSGA and our membership.
Please feel free to provide any feedback, questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to introducing you to our next phase of community in the weeks to come.
All the best and stay safe,
President & CEO
Canadian Sporting Goods Association